Thursday, April 30, 2009

Derby Festival mini marathon...

Colleen asked me back in March 2009 if I would join her in running the 2009 Derby Festival Mini Marathon that was held on Saturday, April 25th. It was my first and I hope not my last mini. We finished in 2:52, it was a challenge but overall we had a great time. It was hot (85 deg) and of course it had to be the hottest day of the year. I truly respect the marathon runners because 13.1 miles is about all I got.
It was so nice having family and friends waiting at the finish line. That is what I looked forward to during the 13.1 miles. Crossing the finish line and seeing them smile at me with joy! It was a great feeling and a great accomplishment.
Colleen has asked me to join her at the 2009 Chicago Mini Marathon on Sunday, Sept. 13th. I look forward to my 4.5 months of training and hopefully a better finishing time. Remember...I am not in it to be #1, I just want to make it across the finish line.
Thanks Colleen for a great experience and I pray there is more to come!




No comments: